How long is the class for?
- The class lasts for 30 minutes. We also offer 45 and 60 minute lessons for more advanced students.
At what age do you accept accept students?
- Children may begin piano or Ukulele from as young as 5 years and other instruments from 6 years. As all children learn at different rates we recommend that young children have an initial assessment.
How much do I have to pay on the first day?
- On the first day you must pay for the term in full or what remains of the term ahead.
What are the methods of payment?
- You may pay by Cash, Credit Card, or Cheque. Payments can be made in person in the shop or school, online via Paypal or over the phone.
What if the class falls on a Bank Holiday?
- We close for Bank Holidays so no lessons are scheduled on those dates.
Do you offer discounts for more than one sibling?
- Yes. We offer a 10% discount for two students or more from the same family.
Is it compulsory to sit Graded Exams?
- We normally recommend that our students sit exams, however it is not mandatory.
Is there a waiting area in the school for parents?
- Yes, we have a comfortable waiting area for parents and children.
What are your opening hours?
- We open from Monday to Saturday from 10.00 am to 8.00 pm and on Saturdays from 9.30 am to 5.00 pm.
When can I enroll?
At Jam Music we run a system of continuous enrollment so you can start at any time of the year. Click on our enrol page to sign up now.
Do you teach adults?
- Yes, We teach students of all ages and abilities.
Do I need to have my own instrument?
- It is beneficial for a student to have their own instrument to practice on at home. Many instruments such as Violins, Guitars and Drum Kits are available in the school for your lessons until you decide to purchase your own instrument.
Where are you located?
- Our Naas School is above our shop at 56 South Main Street. Our Newbridge School is located on the Main street across from the Riverbank arts centre. There is also a map on our contact/location page.
What exams do you cater for?
- Our students sit exams with R.I.A.M, A.B.R.S.M, R.G.T and Rockschool. All of our teachers are well versed in the individual syllabi of each board.
What qualifications do your teachers have?
- All of our teachers are fully qualified and have Music degrees and experience performing in various settings. Many of our teachers have completed Master’s or are currently studying for their masters.
Do you offer theory lessons and Junior and Leaving Certificate Preporation?
- Yes, we offer expert tuition with qualified and experienced Secondary level music teachers. Classes are available in groups or on a one to one basis.